Friday, August 24, 2007

Deep

This is a brand new addition to Bend. It was opened by Jody Denton of Merenda's fame. (and for those of you who have been to Lulu's in SF). A few days after it's splashy opening, which surprisingly I was NOT invited to attend, I had dinner there. I can say I was very impressed walking in...hold it - did I just walk through a travel chamber to a hot, cool (yes, it can be hot and cool at the same time), big city...Am I still in Bend?! After a few seconds of getting my bearings, we were seated at the Sushi Bar. We were welcomed by an authentic Japanese sushi chef...again I had a flashback -- am I in Bend?! Next, our very hip, young waiter dresssed entirely in black with "deep" written across his taunt chest (I can't seem to remember any waitresses...) - asked us for our drink order. We were intrigued by the sparkling sake. It was called something to the effect of "who who shoe". I loved it! I'd also recommend the dragons. The red, green and yellow dragon sushi rolls were awesome! Jody, himself, asked me how I liked the food. Boy, did I feel special! We ordered other food but honestly this took place back in May, so my memory of it is waning. But, I can say this extremely particular palette was not disappointed. If you are looking for a cool, hip atmosphere (interior design is mod); and great sushi - then this is the place for you! Definitely don't forget to sip on the "who who shoe"!!!

No comments: